Solid Waste Bylaw 2014
The Solid Waste Bylaw 2014 was adopted at a Council Ordinary meeting on Wednesday, 2 July 2014.
Purpose of the Bylaw
The objectives of the Bylaw are to:
- monitor and regulate the collection, transportation, disposal and management of waste in such a way as to encourage minimisation of waste being generated and disposed of in Horowhenua District.
- promote Council’s waste minimisation and waste reduction objectives.
- assist in the implementation of Council’s Waste Management Plan and the New Zealand Waste Strategy.
- ensure effective and efficient waste management in the Council’s area.
- impose specific performance standards and requirements for waste collection, transportation, disposal and treatment services for the benefit of the public.
Solid Waste Bylaw 2014(PDF, 934KB)