Solid Waste Bylaw 2014
The Solid Waste Bylaw 2014 was adopted at a Council Ordinary meeting on 2 July 2014.
Purpose of the Bylaw
The objectives of the Bylaw are to:
- monitor and regulate the collection, transportation, disposal and management of waste in such a way as to encourage minimisation of waste being generated and disposed of in Horowhenua District.
- promote Council’s waste minimisation and waste reduction objectives.
- assist in the implementation of Council’s Waste Management Plan and the New Zealand Waste Strategy.
- ensure effective and efficient waste management in the Council’s area.
- impose specific performance standards and requirements for waste collection, transportation, disposal and treatment services for the benefit of the public.
Solid Waste Bylaw 2014(PDF, 934KB)
Please provide as much detail as you can, so we can fix any issues you are having.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
Please call us any time on 06 366 0999 to report something that is causing an immediate risk to the safety of a person, people, or property.