Horowhenua District Council's Community Capacity Building services includes the coordination of volunteers and Volunteer Central, as well as the running of a Community Capacity Building training programme.
The Community Capacity Building programme aims to work with community groups to improve their resources and capabilities by providing relevant and useful training and workshops. These training opportunities may be low cost or free, and can be in areas such as:
- Strategic and business planning
- Funding advice and writing good applications
- Training of office holders
- Relationship management and professional skills
- Succession planning
- Occupational Health and Safety Ethics
- Law and protocol
- Employment matters
- Financial management
- Marketing and Communications
- Cultural awareness.
Find out more
For all enquiries about the programme, to suggest future topics for Capacity Building workshops or to join the direct mail list for community training, contact a Community Development Adviser by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 06 366 0999.