FAQs - Property

We've put together some common questions we receive from our community about Property and the corresponding answers. 

12 Result(s) Found

Compassion Horowhenua has purchased Horowhenua District Council’s Community Housing portfolio.
All tenant’s existing conditions of tenancy will not change as part of the sale. This means tenants can continue to live in their home as per their current agreements.
Tenancies will be managed by Compassion Housing – a registered community housing provider.

The booking of Council owned facilities is managed by Council’s Customer Services Teams. You can browse the various Council owned facilities, including conference rooms and halls available for booking in the Halls and Venues directory on our website.

Terms and conditions, booking forms and fees and charges can be found on our website.

For further information contact the Customer Services Team on (06) 366 0999 or email us at enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz or over the counter any of our Customer Service Centres.


Council owns a number of forestry blocks throughout the District.

From time to time calls Council receives requests from people wishing to access these blocks to:

  • Tramp
  • Collect Firewood
  • 4-wheel drive/quad/trail bike
  • Horse Ride

All Permits are subject to officer discretion for the proposed activity.

Please allow five business days for a permit request to be assessed. Permits are not issued out of normal business hours.

Please note that no permits will be issued to collect firewood due to Health and Safety reasons.

For further information contact Council on (06) 366 0999 to speak with a Customer Service Representative or email us at enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz

Page 1 of 2


I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

If you can't find the answer you're looking for please phone (06) 366 0999 or email enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz