Gambling Class 4 Venue Policy 2022
This policy was adopted by Council on 13 April 2022 and is effective from 14 April 2022.
The Council has determined that a 'sinking lid' gambling venue policy will be used to control and, in time, reduce the number of Class 4 gaming machine venues in the Horowhenua District. The 'sinking lid' policy will not permit the establishment of new Class 4 gaming machine venues and it will not permit gaming machine societies to increase the number of gaming machines in the District.
Objectives of the Policy
The objectives of this policy are:
- to control gaming machine gambling in the Horowhenua District;
- to cap the number of gaming machines in the Horowhenua District;
- to cap the number of Class 4 gaming machine venues in the Horowhenua District;
- to reduce the number of gaming machines through attrition (this does not affect repair and/or replacement of existing gaming machines);
- to prevent and minimise the harm caused by gambling;
- to facilitate community involvement in decisions about gambling;
- to recognise there are negative social, economic and health impacts from problem gambling.
Gambling Class 4 Venue Policy(PDF, 225KB)
This policy will be reviewed in conjunction with the TAB Venue Policy within three (3) years of being adopted by Council.
Please provide as much detail as you can, so we can fix any issues you are having.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
Please call us any time on 06 366 0999 to report something that is causing an immediate risk to the safety of a person, people, or property.