Alcohol at an Event

Alchohol Licensing.jpg
A special licence is required for any function or event where alcohol will be sold either over a bar or by a ticket system or donation, cover charge or Koha, or where the cost of the alcohol is included in the pre-sold ticket price.  
You may not need a special licence if the venue you are using has an alcohol licence that can cover your event (in which case they would generally take responsibility for supplying the alcohol)You should allow at least 20 working days to process the application for a special licence. An application fee will apply. See our fees and charges page. 

Find out more

For more information please see the Liquor Licensing section of our website or contact the Liquor Licensing Inspector at Horowhenua District Council, phone 06 366 0999 and