Alcohol at an Event

Alcohol at an Event.

A special licence is required for any function or event where alcohol will be sold either at a bar or by a ticket system or donation, cover charge or koha, or where the cost of the alcohol is included in the pre-sold ticket price.  

You may not need a special licence if the venue you are using has an alcohol licence that can cover your event (in which case they would generally take responsibility for supplying the alcohol). You should allow at least 20 working days to process the application for a special licence. An application fee will apply. See our Alcohol Licensing Fees & Charges page

For more information, please refer to the Alcohol Licensing section of our website, or  get in touch with the Alcohol Licensing Inspector at Horowhenua District Council via phone at 06 366 0999 or email at