Shuttle Services & Transport
A Day Out in Town Bus Service
The Day Out In Town Bus Service provides low-cost travel between Levin, Waitarere Beach, Foxton, Foxton Beach and Shannon every Friday. This is thanks to funding from the New Zealand Lotteries Commission, the Infinity Foundation and Pub Charity. With our townships sitting far out of walking distance from each other, the Day Out In Town Bus Service offers people an opportunity to come in to Levin on a Friday, to do some shopping, visit the bank, go to centrally located service providers (eg access healthcare, WINZ, social services in general) or even just visit friends and enjoy lunch during a Friday concert at our fabulous community centre Te Takere. Alternatively, people can use the service to go from Levin to Shannon for an afternoon, or to visit the beach this summer.You can access the Day Out in Town Bus Service Timetable below.
Day Out in Town Timetable(PDF, 94KB)
Horowhenua Community Health Shuttle Service
Each weekday the Horowhenua Community Health Shuttle service provides five return trips to Palmerston North and allows users of all ages and without transport, or who cannot drive themselves, to attend medical appointments at the hospital or nearby clinics. Plus, on Saturdays it transports dialysis patients for treatments. You can access the Horowhenua Community Health Shuttle Service below.
Please note the following amendments to the timetable:
- The Shuttle no longer departs Levin at 7:00am and the departure times from the Horowhenua Health Centre are now as follows: 6:30am, 9:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm (please be at the Health Centre 15 minutes before departure time).
- The 1:00pm departure from Palmerston North Hospital changes to 1:30pm if the Shuttle is waiting on Dialysis patients.
The Shuttle Timetable will be updated to include these amendments shortly.
Shuttle Timetable(PDF, 144KB)
Levin to Waikanae Bus Service
- Runs Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Children under five years of age travel free of charge.
- Child fare is for school aged children
- SuperGold Card holders travel free 9am to 3pm. Travel outside these periods is to be charged at the relevant fare i.e. adult.
- No services to run on Public Holidays.
Levin to Waikanae Bus Timetable (effective 15 July 2018)(PDF, 63KB)