Public notice under the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991
- Proposed Plan Change 1: Historic Heritage
- Proposed Plan Change 2: Review of Residential Development Provisions (including extent of Medium Density Overlay).
Public notice is hereby given in accordance with Clause 10(4)(b) of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991 that Horowhenua District Council, at its meeting of 29 August 2018, authorised the decisions on Proposed Plan Changes 1 and 2 to the Operative Horowhenua District Plan (June 2015).
A full copy of each of the decisions on the Proposed Plan Changes is available for inspection at the following locations, during opening hours:
- Horowhenua District Council Main Office: 126 Oxford Street. Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō: 10 Bath Street, Levin. Hours: 9am to 6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 10am to 9pm on Wednesday; 10am to 4pm on Saturday and 1pm to 4pm on Sunday.
- Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom: 22 Harbour Street, Foxton. Hours: 10am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday; 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Shannon Library: Plimmer Terrace. Hours: 10am to 12pm, 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, 10am to 12pm Saturday.
The decisions can also be viewed and downloaded from Council’s website for Proposed Plan Change 1 and Proposed Plan Change 2.
A person who made a submission or further submission on one (or more) of these Proposed Plan Changes may appeal the decision on the respective Proposed Plan Changes(s) in accordance with Clause 14 of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991.
Any appeal on this decision must be in the prescribed form, and lodged with the Environment Court within 30 working days of this notice being served on them in accordance with Clause 11 of the First Schedule.
The Environment Court is located in Wellington and can be contacted by telephone (04) 918 8300 or by email at: EnvironmentCourt@justice.govt.nz. Additional details regarding the Environment Court, including fees, can be viewed at www.justice.govt.nz/courts/environment-court.
Chief Executive Officer