Civic Honours Awards
The annual Civic Honours Awards are in recognition of voluntary service, honouring those who give up their time for community groups, clubs and organisations.
These awards are designed to recognise individuals and volunteer groups, and celebrate their valuable contribution which makes our district a better place.
You can view last year's recipients below and on our 2021 Award Recipients page
2022 Civic Honours Awards Nominations Closed
Nominations closed at midnight on Sunday, 4 September 2022.
Recipients and their whānau will be invited to attend the Civic Awards evening in November 2022, when the awards will be presented.
The awards have the following categories:
- Community, cultural or religious affairs
- Service to youth, recreation or education
- Service to conservation.
The criteria for the awards are:
- The service carried out by the nominated person must not be in a professional capacity or in the course of their paid employment.
- Volunteers of any age can be nominated. Citizens can be nominated for the quality of their commitment or for the length of their service to the community.
- Nominations that have been unsuccessful in previous years are welcome to be resubmitted.
- Nominations must be made by two citizens of the district or by two executive officers of an organisation.
Civic Honours Award Guidelines and Full Criteria(PDF, 45KB)
2021 Award Recipients Photo Gallery