Civic Honours Awards
The annual Civic Honours Awards are in recognition of voluntary service, honouring those who give up their time for community groups, clubs and organisations.
These awards are designed to recognise individuals and volunteer groups, and celebrate their valuable contribution which makes our district a better place.
You can view last year's recipients below and on our 2021 Award Recipients page.
Nominations closed for the 2021 Civic Honours Awards
Nominations for the Civic Honours Awards closed on Sunday 17 October 2021. Recipients and their whānau were invited to attend the Civic Awards evening on Thursday, 2 December 2021, where the awards were presented.
The awards have the following categories:
- Community, cultural or religious affairs
- Service to youth, recreation or education
- Service to conservation.
The criteria for the awards are:
- The service carried out by the nominated person must not be in a professional capacity or in the course of their paid employment.
- Volunteers of any age can be nominated. Citizens can be nominated for the quality of their commitment or for the length of their service to the community.
- Nominations that have been unsuccessful in previous years are welcome to be resubmitted.
- Nominations must be made by two citizens of the district or by two executive officers of an organisation.
Civic Honours Award Guidelines and Full Criteria 2021 (Print Version)(PDF, 45KB)
2021 Award Recipients Photo Gallery