Public notice under the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991
- Proposed Plan Change 1: Historic Heritage
- Proposed Plan Change 2: Review of Residential Development Provisions (including extent of Medium Density Overlay).
Public notice is hereby given in accordance with Clause 20(2) of the First Schedule of the Resource Management Act 1991 that the Horowhenua District Council, at its meeting of Wednesday 24 October 2018, authorised Proposed Plan Change 1 and 2 to be made operative from Thursday 1 November 2018.
Proposed Plan Change 1 sought to introduce additional historic heritage buildings, structures, and sites to Schedule 2 of the Operative Horowhenua District Plan. These changes also included consequential amendments to the District Plan such as updating the Planning Maps to identify the additional listed heritage buildings, structures and sites and some minor amendments to Chapter 13.
Proposed Plan Change 2 sought to introduce changes to the provisions applying to the existing residential zone:
- Provision for sites between 500m2 and 900m2 in Levin, Foxton, Foxton Beach and Shannon to be subdivided to create infill lots of a minimum size of 250m2 as a Restricted Discretionary Activity, and consequential changes to relevant bulk and location controls;
- Provision for up to two residential dwelling units on a site as a Permitted Activity (subject to compliance with conditions);
- Specific provision to enable large-scale, integrated residential developments to be assessed in a comprehensive manner as a Restricted Discretionary Activity;
- Minor corrections relating to the application of private outdoor living area and accessory building provisions, and removal of the title date pre-requisite condition relating to residential infill subdivision;
- Replacement of the Medium Density Residential Development Design Guide; and
- Extension of the area to which the Medium Density Overlay applies in Levin.
- Consequential amendments to the District Plan such as updating the Planning Maps and minor additions and amendments to Chapters 6 (Urban Environment Objectives and Policies and 26 (Definitions).
Decisions on submissions for Proposed Plan Change 1 and 2 were publicly notified on 31 August 2018. Council received no appeals on these decisions.
The provisions covered by these proposed plan changes will now be incorporated into the Operative Horowhenua District Plan 2015 and Planning Maps.
A full copy of the Horowhenua District Plan (2015), including these provisions, will be available from Thursday 1 November 2018 onwards at the following locations, during opening hours:
- Horowhenua District Council Main Office: 126 Oxford Street. Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō: 10 Bath Street, Levin. Hours: 9am to 6pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 10am to 9pm on Wednesday; 10am to 4pm on Saturday; and 1pm to 4pm on Sunday.
- Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom: 22 Harbour Street, Foxton. Hours: 10am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday; 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Shannon Library: Plimmer Terrace. Hours: 10am to 12 noon, 1pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday; 10am to 12 noon on Saturday.
The Operative Horowhenua District Plan, including the above changes, is also available to view and download from the Council's website at www.horowhenua.govt.nz/districtplan