Waste Transfer Stations
Some items are too bulky to put in kerbside collection or have special requirements for disposal. The following items can be taken to the Foxton or Shannon Waste Transfer Recycling Stations:
- Batteries (Household, cellphone batteries, car batteries etc.)
- Dirt / clean fill / soil
- E-Waste (anything electrical)
- Fire extinguishers
- Furniture (poor condition, broken)
- Garden waste / Greenwaste
- Gas cylinder / LPG bottle
- Heater (electric)
- Mattress (poor condition, wet, stained, torn)
- Paint (Wet or dry)
- Timber / wood
- Trees / stumps
- Waste Oil
Foxton and Shannon Transfer Stations do not accept hazardous waste.
If you are unsure of if an item can be disposed of at the transfer station please contact council on 06 366 0999 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide as much detail as you can, so we can fix any issues you are having.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
Please call us any time on 06 366 0999 to report something that is causing an immediate risk to the safety of a person, people, or property.