The completed LIM Report (Land Information Memorandum) will include information found in Horowhenua District Council's records relating to the following matters:
- A summary of the rates account
- District Plan information including zoning and an indication of the status of intended use of the property
- Information identifying any special feature or characteristics of the land concerned
- Any natural or man-made hazards that may affect the property.
Building Consents/Permits and related information:
- Other consents, licenses, certificates, requisitions, orders and notices affecting the land or any building on the land previously issued by Council
- Swimming pool compliance
- Information on private and public storm water and sewerage drains on the property as shown in Council's records
- Status of Road - Public, Private or Right of Way
- Type of water connection (if any) - metered, on demand or restricted and any conditions relating to this water connection/supply.
- Other information concerning the land that Council considers, at its discretion, to be relevant.
Property information supplied by a third party
The information supplied represents information held on the Horowhenua District Council files but where supplied to the Council by a third party, it may not have been independently verified. The applicant should not rely on the information supplied for any purpose without personally verifying its accuracy and completeness at Council. For the purposes of this report an on-site inspection of the LIM property is not made.
Please view our Miscellaneous Fees and Charges page.
Please note: Council at this time do not do urgent LIMs - we only have the standard 10-day turn around.
If you do not wish to purchase a LIM Report, another option to consider is a Property File Request. This request details all building consent consents for the requested property. No other property information is provided, this information can be provided to you via email.
Applying for a LIM
Complete the LIM Application Form and send or deliver the completed form and fee to Council. Council will not commence processing a LIM Request until payment is received. Fax service is accepted provided the fee follows in the mail with the original form or via internet banking.
Any costs over and above the standard fees will be advised prior to the LIM being completed.
Property File Request
Please see our Property File Request page.