Staff photo Melissa Hanson HDC have recently appointed Melissa Hanson as Customer & Development Enabler to provide a more personalized service to valued business customers.  The role has been designed with our business users in mind and is geared at assisting clients to navigate their engagement with council, and to guide them through processes, mediating any challenges that arise. In short, Melissa's role is to enable and ensure positive experiences and successful outcomes for our key stakeholders on their journey with us from Good to Great.  

Below are quick links to Council services and processes most often utilised by our business users. Please do not hesitate to contact melissah@horowhenua.govt.nz should you require additional assistance or support with any of these processes.  

Building & Planning Consents
The building consent process ensures your project meets the criteria of the Building Act 2004.

Registration of premises
Some businesses need a licence or certificate of registration to operate. These include food premises, hairdressers, camping grounds and funeral homes.

Commercial food premises
Guided by the 2014 Food Act , businesses offering food for sale must operate to specific standards, so food is properly handled and prepared.

Liquor licensing
There are various liquor licences – on, off, club, special and temporary authority, licensing also issue Manager Certificates.