Parking Tickets (Infringement Notices)

If you've received a parking ticket you can pay for this either online or in person.

Paying a fine issued within the past 24 hours

Details of infringement notices are usually transferred to Council's online payment services within 24 hours. If your parking ticket has been issued within this timeframe, you may need to wait before you can pay online.

When payments are due

Payments for parking infringements are due 28 days after the ticket is issued. If you don’t pay within this time, we'll send you a reminder notice and give you a further 42 days to pay.

After this period, unpaid tickets may be referred to the Ministry of Justice, where debt collection is managed by the Courts. If this happens you'll have to pay extra costs and you'll no longer be able to pay for your infringement to us as it is managed by the Courts.

For more information about court fines please visit the Ministry of Justice website


Step 1.Have the infringement details ready

You'll need the parking infringement notice number and the vehicle registration details from the ticket.

Step 2.Pay online

Ensure you have your credit/debit card or internet banking details for POLi so you can pay for the infringement online.

Please note: Council does not accept part payments.

Pay parking ticket online

In person

Step 1.Bring in your parking ticket or reminder notice

You can pay by cash or EFTPOS at any Horowhenua District Council office.

Step 2.Visit your nearest Council Office

Pop into your nearest Council office:

  • Levin (Main Office), 126 Oxford Street, Levin, open 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
  • Foxton Service Centre, 92 Main Street, Foxton, open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday to Sunday (except public holidays).
  • Shannon Service Centre, Plimmer Terrace, Shannon, open 10am to 12 noon and 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, Saturday only 10am to 12 noon.

Note: In the event that Council incorrectly accepts a payment for a ticket which has been referred to the Ministry of Justice, it will be refunded and you'll be referred to the Courts.