Food Complaints

Food Complaints - Board saying Food Complaints

This page contains information about what to do if you have a complaint regarding food you have purchased or have been ill.

If you have a complaint regarding food you have purchased, or have been ill, please contact the on-call Health Protection Officer at MidCentral Health on (06) 350 9110. If you still have the food in question, please place it into a sealed container and store it in the fridge.Let the health protection officer know that you have the food.

Visit New Zealand Food Safety Authority for information on the different types of food poisoning and frequently asked questions.

Complaints About Food Premises

If you have concerns with a food premises regarding the following please do not hesitate to contact Council on (06) 366 0999 or email

  • Food storage and display. 
  • Other food hygiene issues Cleanliness
  • Food license is not displayed
  • Odour
  • Rubbish.