Walk, Run, Ride, Escape!
This popular spot is situated on private land and features walking and biking tracks and access to Tararua Forest Park via Kohitere Forest.
The Kohitere Forest, Trig Walk, link track to the Te Araroa Trail, and Mountain Bike tracks. From the top of the Trig Walk you can enjoy a panoramic view across the entire Horowhenua and beyond to Kapiti Island to the South and Mt Ruapehu to the North.
The track connects to the Mangahao Makahika track leading north to Palmerston North and is part of the Te Araroa trail.
Members of the Public who wish to access the Kohitere Forest are reminded that you are entering private property and are privileged to do so. Please observe the following regulations to ensure this recreational resource remains available for public access.
- Light no fires and no smoking
- Firearms are not permitted
- Walkers and cyclists must keep to the paths and tracks
- Dogs must be on leads
- Do not remove any vegetation
- Do not litter and carry out any rubbish
- Walkers should remain vigilant and give way to cyclists
| Appox 2 km to the top
| Appox 60 mins to the top