Alcohol on Council Owned Properties

Is there going to be alcohol at the event you are holding on Council property?

You need to be aware that a Special Licence issued under the Sale & Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 may be required if an event is being held on Council property (for example halls, parks and reserves) and there is a likelihood that alcohol will be consumed at the event.

You need to advise our Customer Service Centre if alcohol will be consumed at your event when you apply for the use of the Council property. You also need to contact the Alcohol Licensing Inspector (telephone 06 366 0999) to ascertain whether a Special Licence is required.

Special Licence applications are required 20 working days prior to the event.