FAQs - Wastewater (Sewage)

We've put together some common questions we receive from our community about Parks and the corresponding answers.

2 Result(s) Found

All Septic Tank systems must comply with the Horizons Regional Councils One Plan. The design should be undertaken by a suitably qualified person. To find a suitably qualified designer Council suggests looking in the yellow pages.

As Horizons Regional Council are the controlling body, Council suggests contact them directly for any further information on 0508 800 800

The owner of the property is responsible for contacting a plumber to attend. If the plumber identifies the blockage is at the Council lateral, then Council needs to be contacted to arrange assistance. The plumber must have the inspection point (cleaning eye or inspection point) exposed to provide evidence that the pipe is blocked at that point.

At this stage the owner may have incurred some costs, Council will consider reimbursement of private plumber costs if they are fair and reasonable and the blockage was at the Council lateral. All requests for reimbursement must be made in writing and addressed to the Waste Water Engineer.

Council Waste Water Pipes/Lateral Blockages not on private roads

Please contact Council immediately if you believe a Council waste water pipe or lateral is blocked, burst or leaking. Council will contact a contractor to attend immediately. Phone 063660999 or email enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz

Page 1 of 1


I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

If you can't find the answer you're looking for please phone (06) 366 0999 or email enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz