FAQs - Parks

We've put together some common questions we receive from our community about Parks and the corresponding answers.

6 Result(s) Found

Kimberley Reserve

Freedom camping at Kimberley Reserve is by permit only between the months of December to end of Easter Weekend each year, subject to reserve availability. Permits are issued for a maximum stay of two days. A five day break is required before another period can be issued. Extended durations require the approval of Council's Parks Officer.

A permit is required to camp at Kimberley Reserve at all times. If you wish to apply for a permit please contact the Customer Services Team on (06) 366 0999 for an application form.

Please be aware that Kimberley Reserve can flood at short notice. If requested by a Council Appointed Officer you must evacuate immediately.

A total fire ban is in place year round at this site.

Parikawau Reserve

Freedom camping is permitted at Parikawau Reserve, State Highway 1 South, Ohau, Levin. Only self-contained vehicles are permitted. A permit is required to camp at Parikawau Reserve at all times.

Levin Adventure Park

There are three vehicle parking spaces for self-contained Motor Homes at the Northern Carpark. Camping or parking is prohibited in any other areas.

Page 1 of 1


I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

If you can't find the answer you're looking for please phone (06) 366 0999 or email enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz