Service Connections

You can apply for a connection or disconnection to Horowhenua District Council's underground water and sewerage networks either by email or in person.

For new connections you'll need to supply a diagram of the desired position(s) of the new connection(s) relative to the Lot boundaries with your application.

By email

Download and complete the form

Download and complete the form by typing into the spaces available, then save a copy for your records.

Application Form for Connection/Disconnection (Writeable PDF)(PDF, 843KB)

Make a payment

You can pay the fee associated with your application using Internet Banking. Our bank details are as follows:

  • Name: Horowhenua District Council
  • Bank & Branch: BNZ, Levin
  • Account Number: 02-0668-0070607-02 

Please submit the following details when you make your payment:

  • Particulars: Enter your surname and initials, for example 'BrownW'
  • Analysis Code: Enter the property address, for example '126 Oxford Street'
  • Reference: Enter 'New Connect' for a new connection, or 'Disconnect' for a disconnection.

Send us the form

Email the form, along with the required documentation and confirmation of your payment, to

In person

Visit your nearest Council Office

Pop into your nearest Council office:

  • Levin (Main Office), 126 Oxford Street, Levin, open 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
  • Foxton Service Centre, 92 Main Street, Foxton, open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturday to Sunday (except public holidays).
  • Shannon Service Centre, Plimmer Terrace, Shannon, open 10am to 12 noon and 1pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, Saturday only 10am to 12 noon.

Make a payment

You can pay the fee associated with your application when you pop in.

The process for new connection applications can be viewed below. Please note that no action will be taken on your application until payment has been receipted by Council and matched to your application.

Connection Process(PDF, 195KB)

With the aim of making it easier to pay your property's water account, we offer the option to pay by direct debit.

Simply click on the link below to download the information and form, complete the Direct Debit Authority Form and return it with a deposit slip for your bank account to Horowhenua District Council, Private Bag 4002, Levin.

HDC Water Billing Direct Debit Form(PDF, 284KB)