Applying for a Corridor Access Request (CAR)

A formal request, a Corridor Access Request (CAR), needs to be made for any work in the Transport Corridor (also known as a road reserve) in Horowhenua. Examples of works requiring a CAR include:

  • trenching works
  • footpaths and entranceways
  • work within the berm or shoulder of the road eg painting, general maintenance
  • street parades
  • tree work, scaffolding and crane work.

If the intended area of work adjoins a State Highway, the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) will also require a CAR Request and their approval will also be required.

If you're not sure which online service you should use below, please contact Council's Roading Team on (06) 366 0999 or email