FAQs - Flooding & Stormwater

We've put together some common questions we receive from our community about Flooding (storm related) and Stormwater (rain water) and the corresponding answers.

7 Result(s) Found

There are a number of suitable locations that have been identified for Civil Defence Centres throughout the Horowhenua District.

A decision on which locations are suitable will be made by the Local Controller dependent on the scale and nature of the emergency. This will be communicated to the affected community as a priority.

Page 1 of 1


I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

If you can't find the answer you're looking for please phone (06) 366 0999 or email enquiries@horowhenua.govt.nz