Horowhenua Access and Inclusion Plan
Horowhenua District Council adopted the Horowhenua Access and Inclusion Plan 2017-2020 in November 2017.
The plan, developed by the Horowhenua Access and Inclusion Forum and endorsed by Council's Community Wellbeing Committee, serves as a guide and work plan for championing access and inclusion across the district.
Download Horowhenua Access and Inclusion Plan(PDF, 678KB)
Outcome areas and priority projects
The plan sets four outcome areas and six priority projects as a focus for the Forum's activities. These were identified through a review comprising workshops, focus groups, interviews and surveys. Over 100 individuals and representatives of more than 30 agencies and groups were consulted, including government agencies, disability sector staff and community groups.
The four outcomes areas are:
- health; and
- choice and control.
Priority projects include:
- establishing the relocated Jack Allen Hub as a champion site for access and inclusion;
- a public awareness inclusion campaign, Live Well Horowhenua;
- a welcoming community campaign, Haeremai Horowhenua;
- accessibility advocacy and action, including providing navigation advocates to assist in accessing services and constructing the first fully-accessible public toilets;
- emergency preparedness collaborative campaign and kits;
- support for inclusion and choice in education, employment and activities, including:
- collaborating with Youth Network on employment opportunities
- collaborating with Education Horowhenua to research learner support in schools and after-school options
- seeking funds for inclusive activities.
The action plan will be reviewed in 2020.
Find out more
If you'd like to know more about the Horowhenua Access and Inclusion Plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Council on 06 366 0999.
Please provide as much detail as you can, so we can fix any issues you are having.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
Please call us any time on 06 366 0999 to report something that is causing an immediate risk to the safety of a person, people, or property.