No longer on display. Expired on
04 January 2018, 03:00 PM
Horowhenua District Council wishes to advise Foxton and Foxton Beach residents and visitors that Level 1 Water Restrictions will be in place from Monday the 20th of November until further notice. Commercial customers with very high water demand are also advised to take all practicable measures to reduce water use throughout the notice period.
This means that garden sprinklers may only be used during the hours from 5am to 9am and 7pm to 9pm on alternate days as follows:
- Houses with even street numbers on even dates
- Houses with odd street numbers on odd dates
Handheld hoses, watering cans or buckets can be used at any time. Please note that soak hoses are banned at all times while water restrictions are in place.
Suggested water saving tips:
- Turn off the tap while brushing teeth or shaving
- Check your toilet cistern, taps, and pipes for leaks or overflow
- Use a bucket of water and a soft sponge or mop for outdoor cleaning jobs
- Sweep up garden waste, rather than hosing it away
- Do only full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher
- Take shorter showers
- Use a bowl or plug in the sink when washing vegetables or hand-washing dishes.
- Install a dual-flush toilet cistern
This restriction applies from 20th of November 2017 until further notice.
For any enquiries please contact Council on 06 366 0999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org