Navigating Council Processes

Horowhenua District Council is committed to helping businesses and organisations have a positive and successful experience.  

Building consent process and regulation guide

Chloe Marheine is your first port of call. Chloe will provide you and your organisation with guidance through the processes and mediating challenges that arise. Chloe's contact details are:  

Phone: (06) 366 0999

Building & Planning Consents
The building consent process ensures your project meets the criteria of the Building Act 2004.

Registration of premises
Some businesses need a licence or certificate of registration to operate. These include food premises, hairdressers, camping grounds and funeral homes.

Commercial food premises
Guided by the 2014 Food Act , businesses offering food for sale must operate to specific standards, so food is properly handled and prepared.

Liquor licensing
There are various liquor licences – on, off, club, special and temporary authority, licensing also issue Manager Certificates.

No results found. Please try searching again.