Enrol to Vote
The Horowhenua District Electoral role is taken from the Parliamentary Roll prior to a local body election. The full rolls for Horowhenua can be viewed at:
- Horowhenua District Council's Main Office, Oxford Street, Levin
- Te Takeretanga o Kura-hau-pō and Foxton and Shannon Libraries
- New Zealand Post Shops
- Waitārere Four Square, Waitārere Beach
- Manakau Dairy, Manakau
- Tokomaru Store and Takeaways Ltd, Tokomaru.
Enrolment update packs are always posted to all enrolled electors before an election by the Electoral Commission. However, if you need to update your personal enrolment details or you need to enrol you can do so online at elections.org.nz.
You can also check and update your details at any Post Shop.
Eligibility to enrol
To vote in a local body election you need to be registered on the electoral roll. You are eligible to enrol if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- have lived in New Zealand, continuously, at any time for one year or more
- have lived at your current address for more than one month
- are a non resident ratepayer who has applied for enrolment on the ratepayer roll
- are a resident outside of the Horowhenua District and have been nominated by a firm, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property in the Horowhenua District.
You can enrol by:
- calling 0800 ENROL NOW (0800 36 76 56)
- visiting any NZ Post Shop
- going online to www.elections.org.nz
If you are on the electoral roll in one area and pay rates on a property in another, you may be eligible to apply for enrolment on the non-resident ratepayer roll (for the area in which you pay rates but don't reside).
Companies, organisations or societies paying rates on a property may nominate one of its members or officers as a ratepayer elector (provided that both the person nominating and the nominee live outside the area).
A Ratepayer roll enrolment form is available below or from Council offices and libraries. If you wish to enrol as a ratepayer elector please complete and return the enrolment form.
To change your details on the ratepayer roll, contact electionz.com by:
- phone on 0800 666 049
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- post to: PO Box 3138, Christchurch 8140.