Horowhenua Economic Development Strategy
Horowhenua's Economic Development Strategy 2014-2017 is a visionary but practical strategy to strengthen and grow the District's economy.
Horowhenua's Economic Development Strategy identifies challenges, priorities, actions and initiatives required to achieve increased investment, more jobs, higher skills, increased household income and an enhanced reputation of the District.
Purpose of the Strategy
The purpose of this strategy is to provide a roadmap for Council, business and the community to make decisions about our economic wellbeing. The strategy also highlights the interconnectedness of economic growth, community wellbeing, Council decision making, and our District's place in the world.
The strategy sets out five priorities:
- that Horowhenua become a regional centre for business;
- maximise the sustainable and productive use of natural resources;
- support infrastructure and policy that enables economic performance;
- partner high quality education, training and workforce services with local enterprise; and
- become a vibrant, sustainable and prosperous place to live.
Horowhenua Economic Development Strategy 2014-2017(PDF, 5MB)
For further information, contact Economic Development Manager Shanon Grainger on 06 366 0999 or EconomicDevelopment@horowhenua.govt.nz