Around this time last year, Council undertook extensive consultation throughout the district on its Long Term Plan 2018-38 and set the direction and key projects for the next 20 years.
For the 2019/2020 Annual Plan, Council is proposing to do what we said we would in the Long Term Plan.
Key projects include:
- Improving Horowhenua as a destination
- Developing master plans
- Working with communities to create community plans
- Levin Town Centre development
- Foxton Wastewater Treatment Plant – move to land-based disposal
- Lake Horowhenua
- Transport planning
- Changes to Recycling (as of 1 July 2019)
- Water and Wastewater Studies – Ōhau and Waitārere Beach
- Shannon Community Centre Feasibility Study.
For information on these projects, have a look at our Engagement Document – What’s Our Plan? 2019/2020 Annual Plan.
What's Our Plan 2019/2020 Annual Plan(PDF, 5MB)
Supporting information for Council's Engagement Document can be viewed below:
Draft Annual Plan 2019/2020(PDF, 3MB)