Feedback closed on 23 November 2020.
Horowhenua District Council is considering the future of Foxton Swimming Pool. Your feedback is important to help Council decide what is the best course of action for the facility.
Why is Council considering the future of Foxton Pool?
There are a number of issues facing Foxton Pool, these include:
- The condition of the building is compromised and can only be fixed by rebuilding.
- There is currently low use of the facility and the current design has limited appeal across the community.
- Adjacent to the indoor pool, there is an abandoned outdoor pool which needs to be resolved.
In light of these issues, Council has to decide whether to:
- Rebuild the building.
- Upgrade the pools to broaden the appeal.
- Consider closing permanently.
Feedback on the future of Foxton Pool closed on Wednesday, 25 November 2020.