FAQs - Competition Guidelines
From time to time, Horowhenua District Council (Council) including its Cultural and Community Centres, Libraries Horowhenua, and Aquatics Horowhenua will run competitions of varying nature.
By entering a competition, you're acknowledging that you have read, understood and agreed to the competition Terms and Conditions set out below. These general Terms and Conditions apply to all competitions unless otherwise stated. Additional terms and conditions for each competition will be laid out in the individual competition explanation. By entering that specific competition, you're agreeing to the additional Terms and Conditions set.
When entering a competition, you're agreeing to the Terms and Conditions below, including any additional terms and conditions stated on the individual competition description.
- Entries received before or after the specified entry and closing dates will not be accepted.
- Entrants accept that all the information submitted is true, current and complete. Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with entering true and current information or submits an incomplete entry.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years and over and be a Horowhenua District resident, unless otherwise stated.
- A person can only enter once.
- Entry is only accepted through the stated means of entry for the competition.
The selection of a winner will be made within five (5) working days after the closing date of the competition, unless otherwise stated.
- Winners will be selected either by random electronic selection through digital entries or drawn manually from print entries. Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to check entries for validity prior to or after drawing winners.
- Competition winners will be contacted within five (5) days of the draw using the contact details given upon entry, unless otherwise stated. Council will make reasonable efforts to contact you with the details provided, however if for any reason Council is unable to make contact with you within that period and receives no correspondence, then your prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn in your place on the same terms and conditions as the original draw.
- The selection results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Council, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with any competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
Each competition will state the nature of the prize. These may come in the form of physical goods, passes to our facilities, credits or services.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- The prize available cannot be swapped or partially swapped for an alternative product, credit or any other goods or services by the prize winner.
- If a prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
By entering into the competition, you agree to the use of your name for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation. If you are the competition winner, Council may request to take a photo of the prize winner to be used for promotional purposes in print articles, website and social media, and other marketing channels.
All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
Sponsorship & Association
Some prizes or competitions may be run in collaboration with or in support of other companies and organisations in which Horowhenua District Council may not have full control over the competition.
- Horowhenua District Council, as the organiser of any promotions, is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with social media platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. By entering you agree to release these social media platforms from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with your participation in any of these promotions or with any of the prizes offered.
- Any concerns with branded or sponsored products provided to Horowhenua District Council may be raised with Horowhenua District Council, but Horowhenua District Council does not accept any responsibility for repairing or replacing any damaged or broken third-party property.
Some people may not be eligible to enter competitions and, should they be a competition winner, will be disqualified from the competition.
Those not eligible for entry into any Horowhenua District Council competitions are:
a) Anyone who works for Horowhenua District Council and their immediate family members. This includes but is not limited to Elected Members and their immediate family members; and Council staff and their immediate family members; and
b) Any agencies or companies associated with the competition.
- Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion, including reserving the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
- Horowhenua District Council will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or an injury whatsoever suffered by the entrant as a result of or in connection with the competition.
- These terms and conditions were set in October 2018 and updated in March 2021. Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to amend or change them at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling a competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
Please call us any time on 06 366 0999 to report something that is causing an immediate risk to the safety of a person, people, or property.