There’s never been a more exciting time to join our progressive, dynamic organisation. Our region is expanding at an extraordinary rate and the Horowhenua District Council is driving more growth. And as we take our region from Good to Great, we need more Great people to join our team.
The core purpose of this role is to provide support in the planning, implementation and management of 3 waters operations, maintenance, renewals and capital project programming within the Horowhenua district and to provide support in the development, production and implementation of civil-engineering infrastructure designs, specifications and contract documentation.
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- Appropriate Engineering Degree, eg BE Civil, BE Environmental or equivalent, approved by NZQA or IPENZ.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to identify where things could go wrong and initiate back up plans (Risk Management).
- Current drivers licence.
- Intermediate computer literacy.
- Well organised and disciplined.
- Effectiveness as a communicator (both written and verbal) and integrator.
As the right candidate, who’s up to the challenge, you will be offered the support of a professional team of people to assist with the development of your career. In turn, you will demonstrate passion to continuously develop your technical proficiency and soft skills.
The preferred candidate will be required to give consent to the usual pre-employment checks including a drug test.
If you are interested in developing and growing your career within a forward-thinking local government environment and you meet our requirements, then we would like to hear from you.
This is a full time permanent position.