We are looking for an Intermediate Civil Projects Engineer to join Horowhenua District Council’s Roading Team. Our District is experiencing extraordinary growth, and we need someone with dedication and experience to join our team of technical professionals as we shape the future of Horowhenua.
In this role, you’ll be involved throughout the entire process of a broad range of transport projects. This will involve:
- Identifying opportunities for improvements to our roading network.
- Investigating causes and solutions to roading network issues, such as safety improvements for crash black spots, rehabilitations for pavement failures and improvements to cater for future growth and road use.
- Designing and drafting projects, from early concepts through to detailed construction drawings.
- Procuring, managing and monitoring the construction of projects, right through to completion.
As an Intermediate Civil Engineer, you will:
- Have a 2+ years’ experience with either design or construction in the roading industry
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Engineering or have equivalent industry experience
- Be familiar with NZTA and Austroads design standards and guidelines
- Have technical proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D software
The benefits of working at Council
A work life balance is easy at Council. You can expect to spend 40 hours a week at work, leaving you plenty of spare time in our beautiful district. The Horowhenua has easy access to the Tararua Ranges, plenty of beaches and affordable housing. Consider if you would have time to really enjoy life if you’re spending 60+ hours a week at work as a contractor or consultant.
There is an excellent opportunity for career satisfaction in this role. If you have ever noticed a problem with a piece of public infrastructure and wanted to fix it, this is the perfect opportunity to make the improvements that you would like to see happen.
This is a very real opportunity to make a difference in the community. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, we invite you to call James Wallace on 06 366 0999
Closing date: Friday 18 January 2019
Please note that the recruitment process may progress at any time during the advertising time frame and we may contact you before the closing date.