Youth Week 2020 – Competition guidelines for challenges
By entering a Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following general Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply unless otherwise stated.
- Entries received before a specified commencement date or after a specified closing date will not be accepted.
- Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Competitions are open to Horowhenua District residents, aged between 12 to 24 years of age.
- A person can only enter each challenge once.
- Horowhenua District Council is the Organiser of these Promotions, they are not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- You agree to release Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from any and all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with, your participation in any of these Promotions or with any of the Prizes offered.
- Disclaimers and Copyright for the Fitness challenge, can be found on the Aquatics Horowhenua Disclaimers and Copyright page.
Entries, selection and prizes
- If you are the winner of a Competition, Council will make reasonable efforts to contact you within 5 days of the draw using the contact details provided in your entry form. If for any reason Council is unable to make contact with you within that period then the prize will be forfeited and another winner drawn in your place on the same terms and conditions as the original draw.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- If a prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
- The selection results are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, Council, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature incurred or suffered by any person (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with any Competition or with winning, redeeming or benefiting from the prize.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the use of your name for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, if you are the competition winner. Council may request to take a photo of the prize winner to be used for promotional purposes. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
The following persons are not eligible to enter any Competition:
- Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion. Horowhenua District Council also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won by using fraudulent means.
- Horowhenua District Council will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the Competition.
- These terms and conditions were set in October 2018 and Horowhenua District Council reserves the right to amend or change them at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
Thank you for your feedback, it helps us design a better website for you.
Please call us any time on 06 366 0999 to report something that is causing an immediate risk to the safety of a person, people, or property.