Shannon Community Development Trust
Purpose of the Shannon Community Development Trust
The Shannon Community Development Trust has been developed for the purpose of providing funding assistance to the residents of the Shannon township for the purpose of Community Development including:
- educational activities including scholarships for educational purposes
- the provision of training and equipment for the protection of the community
- the provision of financial assistance for events recognising the involvement of community members
- the alleviation of hardship (in some circumstances)
Value of Grants
Approximately $13,000.00 is available to allocate per year, but is subject to variations. $13,875.00 was granted in the first year of the trust operating. Individual grants normally range from $300.00 to $2,000.00.
There are two funding rounds each financial year. Round 1 closes 30 August 2019. Round 2 will close on 28 February 2020.
About the Grant
To be eligible, applicants must:
- live within the Shannon township (an indicative map can be provided);
- show their project will directly benefit the Shannon Community, or an individual living within the Shannon community;
- not have excess reserve funds.
Eligible individuals and/or organisations include those that provide cultural, sporting, environmental or social services to the Shannon area.
Applications Closed for Round 2 - 2019/2020
Applications for Round 2 of the 2019/2020 year closed on Friday 28 February 2020.
Criteria and Accountability Form
Shannon Community Development Trust Criteria 2019/2020(PDF, 131KB)
Shannon Community Development Trust Accountability Form (Print Version)(PDF, 369KB)