Shannon Community Development Trust
Purpose of the Shannon Community Development Trust
The Shannon Community Development Trust has been developed for the purpose of providing funding assistance to the residents of the Shannon township for the purpose of Community Development including:
- educational activities including scholarships for educational purposes
- the provision of training and equipment for the protection of the community
- the provision of financial assistance for events recognising the involvement of community members
- the alleviation of hardship (in some circumstances)
Value of Grants
Approximately $13,000.00 is available to allocate per year, but is subject to variations. $13,875.00 was granted in the first year of the trust operating. Individual grants normally range from $300.00 to $2,000.00.
There are two funding rounds each financial year. Round 1 closes 31 August 2020. Round 2 will close on 28 February 2021.
About the Grant
To be eligible, applicants must:
- live within the Shannon township (an indicative map can be provided);
- show their project will directly benefit the Shannon Community, or an individual living within the Shannon community;
- not have excess reserve funds.
Eligible individuals and/or organisations include those that provide cultural, sporting, environmental or social services to the Shannon area.
Applications Open for Round 1 2020/2021
Applications for Round 1 of the 2020/2021 financial year open 1 August 2020 and will be accepted until 5pm on 31 August 2020.
Following our transition to the new SmartyGrants administration tool it will now be mandatory to apply online. Council officers will be available to help you establish your SmartyGrants account and to make your first online application, if required. You can organise a time to meet with them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 06 366 0999 to request an appointment.
Shannon Community Development Trust Criteria 2020/2021(PDF, 291KB)