Community Reference Group
A Horowhenua Community Reference Group has been established, comprised of a range of community stakeholders, to assist and support the Community Facilities and Events team by advising on the community impact of community services delivered, identifying future community service opportunities and assisting with ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure the perspective of Iwi is provided to Council on the range of community services delivered by Council;
- Ensure the perspective of different geographical communities of Levin, Foxton/ Foxton Beach, Shannon, Tokomaru, Waitarere, Ohau, Manakau and Waikawa are provided to Council on the range of community services delivered by Council;
- Ensure the perspective of different target populations of families with children, youth, older people and people with disabilities are provided to Council on the range of community services delivered by Council.
- Ensure the perspective of key community-based user groups of Aquatics, Libraries and Community Hubs are provided to Council;
- To make Horowhenua District a great place to live in;
- Build community’s knowledge of Council processes to enable them to participate in Council’s community consultation and decision-making processes;
- Build the Council’s knowledge of the needs, interests and aspirations of the different communities within and across the district.
- Advocate for and on behalf of communities;
- Create opportunities for communities to initiate their own ideas and projects;
- Help achieve the community results endorsed by Council;
- Provide regular advice to the Council on community services matters
The current members were nominated in 2016.