Community Reference Group
A Horowhenua Community Reference Group is being established, comprised of a range of community stakeholders, to assist and support the Community Services Team by advising on the community impact of community services delivered, identifying future community service opportunities and assisting with ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure the perspective of Iwi is provided to Council on the range of community services delivered by Council;
- Ensure the perspective of different geographical communities of Levin, Foxton/ Foxton Beach, Shannon, Tokomaru, Waitarere, Ohau, Manakau and Waikawa are provided to Council on the range of community services delivered by Council;
- Ensure the perspective of different target populations of families with children, youth, older people and people with disabilities are provided to Council on the range of community services delivered by Council.
- Ensure the perspective of key community-based user groups of Aquatics, Libraries and Community Hubs are provided to Council;
- To make Horowhenua District a great place to live in;
- Build community’s knowledge of Council processes to enable them to participate in Council’s community consultation and decision-making processes;
- Build the Council’s knowledge of the needs, interests and aspirations of the different communities within and across the district.
- Advocate for and on behalf of communities;
- Create opportunities for communities to initiate their own ideas and projects;
- Help achieve the community results endorsed by Council;
- Provide regular advice to the Council on community services matters
If you are passionate about the community, get involved in the community and know a lot about what is happening ithe community. You The Community Services Reference Group needs people like you! Council will discuss Iwi representation with Iwi. However, nominations are open for the following geographic communities:
- Foxton / Foxton Beach
Nominations are sought from individuals actively involved in working (voluntary or paid positions ) with young people, older people, people with disabilities and families with children.
Nominations are also being sought from key community based user groups associated with aquatics and library services
Nomination Forms can be obtained from Reception areas at HDC offices and Te Takere or can be downloaded and printed below.
Community Reference Group Application Form(PDF, 95KB)