All mechanical amusement devices at events such as ferris wheels, roller coasters, dodgem cars and bumper cars, must have a Certificate of Registration issued by the Department of Labour. Before an amusement device is operated, the owner must apply to Horowhenua District Council for a permit to operate (an amusement device permit). A copy of the certificate of registration issued by the Department of Labour must accompany the application, unless we already hold one on file for the device.
General Conditions for Amusement Device Applications
The general conditions for Amusement Device Applications are as follows:
- Applications must be accompanied by a current Certificate of Registration and the application fee. (Therefore, faxed applications will not usually be acceptable.)
- Applications must be received at least 5 working days in advance of the event.
- Fees for permit applications are non-refundable.
Applications are not transferable to other dates outside those on the original application.
- Rides should not commence before the permit has been issued.
- No application fees will be accepted on-site on the day of the event, i.e. if you have not applied before the event then you do not operate.