Electra Business After 5
It is critical that businesses are well connected and one way of building business connections is by attending networking functions. The Electra Business After 5 events, held in conjunction with Horowhenua District Council, are a new way to network and be inspired. The Electra events held on a monthly basis, host a variety of guest speakers and are geared at providing opportunities to grow and build new connections.
To receive email notifications for future events, please sign up to our mailing list here. Alternatively, feel free to email the Economic Development team at email@example.com
Tips for networking and making lasting connections include:
- Add value, be clear about your objectives and show credibility to others first.
- Know your elevator pitch to showcase your business and passion.
- Dress and act appropriately as first impressions do count.
- Take a good supply of business cards.
- Be able to make small talk to start a conversation.
- Remember to add value and give consistently before you receive.
- Always be polite and respectful to others.
- Broaden your view to add value to the entire network of others.
- Move on from a network if it does not suit your objectives or personality.
- Always follow-up, under promise and over deliver.