Horowhenua District Council wishes to advise Foxton and Foxton Beach residents and visitors that Level 1 Water Restrictions are now in place until further notice. Commercial customers with very high water demand are also advised to take all practicable measures to reduce water use throughout the notice period.
This means that garden sprinklers may only be used during the hours from 5.00am to 9.00am and 7.00pm to 9.00pm on alternate days as follows:
- Houses with even street numbers on even dates
- Houses with odd street numbers on odd dates
Suggested water saving tips:
- Turn off the tap while brushing teeth or shaving
- Check your toilet cistern, taps, and pipes for leaks or overflow
- Use a bucket of water and a soft sponge or mop for outdoor cleaning jobs
- Sweep up garden waste, rather than hosing it away
- Do only full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher
- Take shorter showers
- Use a bowl or plug in the sink when washing vegetables or hand-washing dishes.
- Install a dual-flush toilet cistern
This restriction applies from 23rd December 2016 until further notice.
For any enquiries please contact Council on 06 366 0999 or firstname.lastname@example.org