Waste Management & Minimisation Plan
Horowhenua District Council's Waste Management and Minimisation Plan has two main goals to meet the vision of efficient, effective, affordable and safe waste practices to ensure the District's environmental, social, economic and cultural wellbeing:
- Improving the efficiency of resource use.
- Reducing the harmful effects of waste – CO2 emissions are reduced by around 1,200 tonnes annually through recycling.
Some of the main actions in the Plan include:
- Maintaining a waste education programme in schools.
- Ongoing investigation of different recycling systems.
- Investigation into an organic kerbside collection service.
A copy of the Waste Management and Minimisation Plan is available below.
HDC Waste Management & Minimisation Plan(PDF, 3MB)