||3 May 2017
Horowhenua District Council's Draft Foxton Reserves Management Plan is now available for the community to provide feedback on, with submissions open from 3 May to 3 July 2017.
Draft Foxton Reserves Management Plan(PDF, 8MB)
Draft Foxton Reserves Management Plan - Appendix 8 Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom Landscaping Master Plan(PDF, 2MB)
The Draft Plan combines the reserve management plans for the following centrally-located reserves in Foxton:
- Easton Park (including Pataka Park)
- Flax Mill Reserve
- Foxton River Loop Reserve
- Ihakara Gardens
- Seaview Gardens
- Stuart Donnelly Park
- Victoria Park
Under the Reserves Act 1977, Council is required to develop and review management plans for reserves under its control for the purpose of providing for the use, enjoyment, maintenance, protection, preservation and development of these reserves. For those interested, an information sheet about the review process for Reserve Management Plans can be downloaded below.
At the end of 2016 Council publicly notified its intent to review the reserve management plans for the above reserves. During this time Council called for members of the community to put forward any comments or suggestions they had on how these reserves might be used, managed and developed in the future. This feedback has helped shape the Draft Foxton Reserves Management Plan, a combined management plan for the above reserves.
We're seeking your feedback on the Draft Foxton Reserves Management Plan. There are several ways you can provide feedback:
- Select the 'Submit online' button below and enter your comments online.
- Download the print version of the submission form available below and either post, email or bring it in to Council's Offices in Levin (126 Oxford Street, or Te Takere), Foxton (Clyde Street); or Shannon (Plimmer Terrace). All submissions sent by post should be addressed to: Draft Foxton Reserves Management Plan Submission, Horowhenua District Council, Private Bag 4002, Levin 5540.
- Come along to the family-friendly Open Day on Saturday, 10 June 2017 from 11:00am to 2:00pm outside the front of Foxton Pools (Main Street, Foxton).
The submission form can also be picked up from the Council Offices in Levin (126 Oxford Street, or Te Takere), Foxton (Clyde Street); or Shannon (Plimmer Terrace), or by telephoning Council’s Customer Service Centre, Levin, on (06) 366 0999.
Submitters should advise whether they wish to be heard when submissions are considered. A meeting will be scheduled after the consultation period has closed. Submitters are advised that pursuant to the Local Government Act 2002 and subject to the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987, all submissions shall be made available to the public.
Submissions close at 5.00pm on Monday, 3 July 2017.
For further enquiries about the review of these Reserve Management Plans please contact Caitlin O’Shea via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (06) 366 0999.