Horowhenua Aquatics is offering new and exciting Physical Activity and exercise options to engage the community. We are excited about the future and you could be a driving part of it.
Don’t be fooled we aren’t only about water! As one of our team of Fitness Instructors, you will plan and implement fitness programmes, land based small group training programmes and aquatic programmes including HIIT, BoxFit, Core and Special Populations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic fitness instructor to work with our team of over 30 staff who include Lifeguards to Aqua Instructors to our Customer Service team. If you believe you are a stand out instructor with the ability to jam-pack classes with your passion, skill and also hold relevant qualifications, then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking instructors with:
- Recognised tertiary sport / leisure / fitness related qualifications with sound knowledge of fitness training including testing, prescription and monitoring of clients
- A Current First Aid Certificate
- Experience in Group Fitness would be an advantage
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Self motivated and pro-active
- Flexibility in working hours (including weekends, mornings and evenings) and willingness to “do what it takes”
- Ability to easily adapt and enjoy change
- Good time management and prioritising skills
- Exceptional customer engagement skills
- Aptitude for analytical thinking
- A Full Drivers licence would be an advantage
This role will offer several weekly sessions to the community in a casual capacity.
We are energetic and positive, so if you thrive on high energy and want to take us from Good to Great, this could be your next role.
Please note we will be processing applications as they are received.