The trust aims to provide funding assistance to the residents of the Shannon township; particularly in the area of Community Development; this may include:
- Educational activities (including scholarships for educational purposes)
- The provision of training and equipment for the protection of the community
- The Provision of financial assistance for events recognising the involvement of community members
- The alleviation of hardship (in some circumstances)
Grants awarded will normally range from $300.00 to $2,000.00 in value, with the total yearly allocation being $13,000.00
Organisations and individuals from outside of Shannon may apply; however applications must reflect how any funding received would be of benefit to the Shannon community.
Applications for the second funding round close at 5:00pm on 28 February 2017. Find out more on our Shannon Community Development Trust page
This grant aims to fund all manner of arts, and artistic expression. However, your project must:
- take place within the Horowhenua District;
- be completed within 12 months of funding being approved;
- not have started or finished before funding is approved; and
- be arts focused (see the application guide for a definition of art forms).
There is no limit on how much may be applied for, but most grants tend to be under $2,000.00. Approximately $13,500.00 will be awarded in total this funding round.
Applications for the second funding round close at 5:00pm on 28 February 2017. Find out more on our Creative Communities Scheme page.
The Community Development Grant aims to encourage community groups to organise projects, events and initiatives that work towards the outcomes included in Council's Strategies or Action Plans (Youth, Positive Ageing, Education, Pride and Vibrancy, etc). It is also open to applications for ongoing costs of non-profit organisations. Round 2 of 2016/2017 is now open and accepting applications.
Applications can be made online or alternatively by hard copy. For more information and to apply, visit our Community Development Grant page. Applications close at 5:00pm on Tuesday, 28 February 2017.
This fund is available to Resident and Ratepayer Associations or groups within the District that engage in Council processes with some aspects of their administration, to assist them with the distribution of Community material and administration costs. Round 2 of 2016/2017 is now open and accepting applications.
Applications can be made online or alternatively by hard copy. For more information and to apply, visit our Community Consultation Grant page. Applications close at 5:00pm on Tuesday, 28 February 2017.