Electra Business After 5
It is critical that businesses are well connected and one way of building business connections is by attending networking functions.The Electra Business After 5 events, held in conjunction with Horowhenua District Council, are a new way to network and be inspired. The Electra Events which are held on a monthly basis, and host a variety of guest speakers are geared at provide opportunities to grow and build new connections.
Tips for networking and making lasting connections include:
- Add value, be clear about your objectives and show credibility to others first.
- Know your elevator pitch to showcase your business and passion.
- Dress and act appropriately as first impressions do count.
- Take a good supply of business cards.
- Be able to make small talk to start a conversation.
- Remember to add value and give consistently before you receive.
- Always be polite and respectful to others.
- Broaden your view to add value to the entire network of others.
- Move on from a network if it does not suit your objectives or personality.
- Always follow-up, under promise and over deliver.